- This event has passed.
Native American sweat lodge ceremony in February 2021
February 25 - February 28
The Native Americans’ culture in North America goes thousands of years back. There is a deep connection between their culture and nature and all the beings living on this planet. We are incredibly lucky and grateful to enjoy Tim Sikyea’s sharing of his cultural heritage. Together, we have a chance to experience this ancient spirituality fisthand. As part of the heritage, Tim also runs ancient ceremonies, that have undoubtedly helped people with individual, as well as, collective growth, reaching higher values and recognizing a higher conscience. In order to achieve that, a purification, a cleansing or a healing needs to take place.
About the Native American Sweat Lodge
The purification ceremony works in relation to all four basic elements (fire, water, air, earth), that have effect on all four ‘bodies’ of a human being: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual. The ceremony helps us purify and heal ourselves on all levels of our being, aligned with our current needs, prayers, requests, and all that we are thankful for.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GO IN?
- a towel or two (for sitting on the ground),
- next to underwear, men need a bigger towel around their waist, while women need a long skirt or a dress, a (T-)shirt,
- warm clothes (after the ceremony is over),
- 1 or 2 tobacco pouches (for prayer, thanks),
- a plate, a cup and a spoon,
- if you tend to stay for more than one day, you need to bring a tent, a sleeping bag, a soft matress…
Please, make sure to let us know at least 3 days in advance, that you would like to join us in the sweat lodge(s), as this ensures you a free spot in the lodge and a warm meal after the ceremony is finished. Info & Reservations Contacts:
- Irena, phone: 00 386 40 381 778, or
- Bojana, phone: 00 386 31 709 652, e-mail: email@example.com
- It will take you 1,5 hour from Ljubljana to the Camp site by car (see the map: http://zemlja-mati.si/wordpress/en/drustvo/kontakt/)
- Please, make sure to let us know at least 2 days in advance, that you would like to join us in the sweat lodge(s), as this ensures you a free spot in the lodge and a warm meal after the ceremony is finished.
You are kindly invited!
The Association for Quality of Life, Mother Earth