Native American sweat lodge ceremony in honor of the ancestors 2020
October 23 - November 1
The Native Americans’ culture in North America goes thousands of years back. There is a deep connection between their culture and nature and all the beings living on this planet. We are incredibly lucky and grateful to enjoy Tim Sikyea’s sharing of his cultural heritage. Together, we have a chance to experience this ancient spirituality fisthand. As part of the heritage, Tim also runs ancient ceremonies, that have undoubtedly helped people with individual, as well as, collective growth, reaching higher values and recognizing a higher conscience. In order to achieve that, a purification, a cleansing or a healing needs to take place.
Ceremony in honor of the ancestors
In this camp we will have ritual dedicated to our ancestors. We will remember them in sweat lodges and perhaps offer them food and drink which they like, flowers… After the ritual we take care and clean up the place.
About the Native American Sweat Lodge
The purification ceremony works in relation to all four basic elements (fire, water, air, earth), that have effect on all four ‘bodies’ of a human being: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual. The ceremony helps us purify and heal ourselves on all levels of our being, aligned with our current needs, prayers, requests, and all that we are thankful for.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GO IN?
- a towel or two (for sitting on the ground),
- next to underwear, men need a bigger towel around their waist, while women need a long skirt or a dress, a (T-)shirt,
- warm clothes (after the ceremony is over),
- 1 or 2 tobacco pouches (for prayer, thanks),
- a plate, a cup and a spoon,
- if you tend to stay for more than one day, you need to bring a tent, a sleeping bag, a soft matress…or you can make reservation in camp (shared beds) or book in The Village.
Please, make sure to let us know at least 3 days in advance, that you would like to join us in the sweat lodge(s), as this ensures you a free spot in the lodge and a warm meal after the ceremony is finished. Info & Reservations Contacts:
- Irena, phone: 00 386 40 381 778 or
- Bojana, phone: 00 386 31 709 652, e-mail: email@example.com
- V tabor je priporočljivo priti najkasneje do 13. ure. Če bi prišli kasneje, predhodno pokličite. V tabor boste iz Ljubljane prispeli po približno 1.5 ure vožnje.
- Dnevni stroški, v obliki priporočljive donacije, se poravnajo vsak dan pri blagajničarki društva. Letna članarina znaša 20 €.
- Priporočljivo je uživanje lahke hrane pred obredom ali se celo postiti.
- Obreda se ne morejo udeležiti ženske v času menstruacije. Priporočamo, da v tem času niso prisotne v taboru.
- 48 ur pred in med obredom ni dovoljeno uživati alkohola in drugih drog, prav tako se v času tabora vzdržimo spolnih odnosov.
You are kindly invited!
The Association for Quality of Life, Mother Earth